Pork chops are just plain phenomenal when smoked. That's all there is to it. Although pork chops tend to be more of a rarity around here, I always serve them with a fun side. They actually pair quite well fruit most fruits, which adds another level of creativity to making a side. Meat served with a savory fruit side you say? Bring it on.
Blackened Pork Chops
2 bone in pork chops
2T Blackened seasoning
1. Turn the smoker to smoke with the lid open and allow the fire to get establish for 5 minutes
2. Crank up the heat to 450F and close the lid
3. Cover the chops in the blackening seasoning and place directly on the grates. close the lid and allow to cook until it has an internal temp of 150F (about 30 minutes)
4. Remove from the smoker, and let rest about 10 minutes before serving
Cherry/Artichoke Brown Rice
1 cup brown rice
2C beef, chicken, or vegetable stock
3 cherries, diced
2 artichoke hearts, diced
1t unsalted butter
1T yellow onion, minced
1. Combine rice/quinoa/stock and prepare either on stovetop, or if you want your life to get infinitely easier, a rice cooker. Set aside
**PRO TIP** I ALWAYS make rice using stock. Water is SO 5 years ago. ALWAYS
2. Melt butter in the bottom of a pan on medium heat. Add onion and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add the cherries and artichoke to the pan and heat through. Combine with the rice, and serve under the blackened chops.
This dish has flavor on flavor going on. Its perfect for weekday dinners and makes for awesome leftovers!