I am a meat eater. I love a steak probably 20X more than the average person. (unless your name is "Bubba", you live in Louisiana, and you say the word "gator" at least 3 times a day, then we might be tied. You are obviously a kindred spirit)
Every year on my birthday I'd ask my mom to make me steak. Even when I didn't know it was called steak, I asked for steak. I just knew I loved it, and New York strip is one of my favorites.
This. This is the steak recipe you never knew that you always wanted. Its the perfect cut for valentines day, an anniversary, or a random Tuesday. (seriously my husband IS the luckiest. just sayin')
For the Steak
2 6-8oz new York strip steaks
2T Favorite rub ( nothing too peppery or too sweet!)
2T brown sugar
* make the compound butter first while letting the steaks sit out at room temp before smoking
1. Set your traeger to smoke with the door open for about 5 minutes. After the fire is established turn it up to high (450F) and close the lid while it preheats.
2.Slather those steaks in evoo then the rub and brown sugar mix. The sugar is important in this recipe to really make a perfectly caramelized crust!
3. Cook at (450F) for 30 minutes or until it has an internal temperature of (140F)
4. Remove from heat, cover in foil, and let it rest for like ten minutes (resting is SO key to getting a juicy steak!!)
5. When you're ready to serve, place a medallion of the compound butter on top of your steaks and let it drip down the sides. (sorry, that almost sounds dirty.)
For the compound butter
1 Blackberry mashed
1/4 C unsalted butter at room temp
1t chopped parsley
1. Combine all the ingredients until just incorporated. Don't overmix or it'll just be an ugly purple mess.
2. Splat the butter onto a square of wax paper and roll it up tight like a burrito. It should look like a little log. Set it in the refrigerator for a least 30 minutes until its firm and you can slice it into pretty medallions
There you have it! A Fancy pants meal that takes all of 30 minutes to cook. I served this one up with some garlic and rosemary smashed potatoes. I bet you anything Bubba's showing off with this one right now. I'd be impressed.