I got this recipe from my roommate/cousin, who got it from her mom, who apparently got it from my mom. SO, it went through a lot to get to me, but it's tried and true and the perfect breakfast to feed a crowd. Plus if you actually have any, leftovers reheat fabulously.
2 T Butter
1/2t Almond extract
1C fresh whipped cream
1 Peach, sliced thin
1/2C Candied cinnamon almonds
1. Put butter in the base of a cast iron pan or a 9x13. Put the pan in the oven and preheat it to (450F)
2. Blend the Eggs, Flour, Milk, Salt, and almond extract
3. When the oven is preheated, pour the mixture into the pan and cook for 15 minutes. Fill it with whipped cream, peaches, and top with the candied almonds. That's it. SO easy.
Candied Cinnamon Almonds
1/2C Chopped Almonds
3T Granulated Sugar
1. Place the sugar, nuts, and cinnamon in a small sauce pan and stir it until the sugar is melted and the nuts are well coated.
2. Immediately pour the nuts out in a single layer on wax paper and let cool.
You could really top a German pancake with any fruit, cream, or syrup. I would definitely add syrup though because the pancakes don't have any sugar. I used my homemade vanilla bean syrup. (The recipe is on my Instagram if you want it!) The pancake will be very sense and a perfect base. ENJOY!