Banana Brulee Pizza with Vanilla Bean Frosting
I'm very embarrassed to admit this, BUT I worked at a Pizza restaurant while I was in culinary school. Pizza was not what I had imagined for myself, as a chef. However, one good thing came out of the pizza place! This recipe was derived from a pizza we made there, and it was rally quite good.
1 Pizza dough (enough for a 10in Crust)
2 Large Bananas
1/4C Granulated sugar
2T Corn Meal
1.Set Smoker to "smoke" with the lid open for about 5 minutes.
Turn the hear to (450F) with the pizza stone inside.
2. While the smoker is preheating, roll out your dough to about 10 inches and place on a Corn mal covered cutting board. Poke several times with a fork.
3. Transfer the pizza crust to the Pizza stone by sliding it along the corn meal. Cook for about 8-10 min until your crust is golden.
4. While you cut cools, slice your bananas very thin, in a diagonal pattern to make ovals.
5. After your pizza is *mostly* cool, cover it in the Vanilla bean frosting, and arrange the banana slices.
6. Sprinkle the sugar evenly over the bananas and use a butane torch to brulee ( or caramelize) the sugar.
For Vanilla bean Cream cheese frosting
8oz Cream cheese, room temp
1/2C heavy cream
1C powdered sugar
1 Vanilla bean. bean removed
In an Electric mixer beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add the heavy cream, vanilla, and vanilla bean and mix until well incorporated.
Slowly combine the Powdered sugar. ( adding more or using less depending on desired consistencey)