Have you ever had those crackers, "chikin in a biskit"? I have fond memories of those crackers being a favorite snack in my youth. So when I saw them in the grocery store a few weeks ago, obviously I had to buy some for my toddler. I decided that although these crackers were great for my son, I needed to make some chicken in a biscuit for my finer adult tastes. Thus, Smoked chicken legs wrapped in Biscuits came about. (thank goodness)
8 Chicken Legs
1 Can Pillsbury Flaky Biscuits
1/3C Apricot Ale Jam ( I used Pot Licker)
2-4T Traeger Chicken Seasoning (depending on tatste)
1. Set smoker to "smoke" with the lid open for 5 minutes. Close Lid.
2. While smoker preheats, toss the chicken legs in the oil and cover in the seasoning.
3. Hang on your chicken rack, and "smoke" for 30 Minutes.
4. Turn the heat up to (300F) and cook the wing for 20-25 minutes.
5. While Legs are cooking, remove the biscuits from canister, and using a very small biscuit cutter or thimble, remove the center. (you can use your hand for this and just rip a hole in it if you need to, but smaller is better! otherwise the biscuit will slide off as it cooks.)
6. Remove the chicken rack from the smoker and, one by one place the biscuits over the chicken.
7. Place the Chicken rack back into the smoker for about 15 minutes. Until the biscuits are golden, and the internal temp of the chicken is at least (165F)
8. Keep chicken biscuits inverted until ready to serve. Melt jam in the microwave for about 45 seconds until runny. drizzle over chicken and serve!
Easy as pie.