Spinach Pasta Nests with Garlic-Parmesan cream sauce and Smoked Shrimp
The best part about this dish is that every component takes 5 minutes or less to create! so easy, pretty, and tasty!
1 Package Spinach Angel hair pasta ( I found mine at Harmons!)
20-25 Sea to Table Wild Gulf Shrimp
4T Avocado oil, separated
S&P to taste
3C Garlic-Parmesan Cream sauce
1. Set smoker to "smoke" wit the lid open for about 5 minutes. Turn the heat to (450F) wit the lid closed
2. While the smoker preheats, bring salted water to a boil in a large pot, boil the pasta until tender ( this will only take about 2-4 minutes!) Try not to stir too much! the less you disturb the noodle, the easier it will be to make them into nests! Drain well, toss in 2T avocado oil, and set aside.
** At this point you could also make the cream sauce! it takes about 5 minutes**
3. Toss the shrimp in the remaining avocado oil and salt and pepper. I like to the string the shrimp on skewers, but you could use a sheet pan or place then directly on grates.
4. Smoke the shrimp for about 2 minutes per side. Remove from smoker.
5. Carefully twirl about 1/2C pasta at a time, into a "nest" (I wrap a chunk of noodles around my finger)
6. Top the nest with a good scoop of cream sauce, and add 3-4 pieces of the smoked shrimp.
Best weekday dinner ever!
FOR GARLIC PARMESAN CREAM SAUCE
1T Olive oil
5 Garlic Cloves,minced
2C heavy whipping cream
1/2C Parmesan, shredded
s&p to taste
1. Melt butter with oil in a medium saucepan
2. Add the minced garlic until it becomes fragrant and soft. Try not to let it brown.
3. Add the flour to the pan and stir stir stir until everything is completely incorporated ( about 1-2min)
4. Microwave the heavy cream until HOT, but NOT to a boil. Add it to the roux slowly, stirring constantly.
5. Add S&P and continue to stir frequently while the sauce thickens. (it still should never boil)
6. Lastly, stir in the parmesan until melted. Serve immediately or remove from heat. (itll get REALLY thick if you keep it on the heat)