Smoked Beef Short Ribs with a Soy and Brown Sugar marinade.
Short Ribs are great way to get a lot of meat, but still have some meat on the bone! I tend to make short ribs on the sweeter side, and often serve with them with rice as opposed to potato or polenta, but they're super versatile either way.
4 Beef Short Ribs
4T Beef Rub
1/2C + 2T Brown Sugar
1/4C Soy Sauce
1/4C Bone Broth
4T Worcestershire Sauce
1. Set Smoker to "smoke" with the lid open for about 5-10 Min. Close lid and preheat the smoker to (225F)
2. Trim any excess fat of the ribs. Cover the ribs in the EVOO and Rub, then press 1/2C brown sugar onto all surfaces of the ribs.
3. Place the ribs bone side down directly on the grates, and smoke the ribs 2-3 hours or until the internal temp of the meat reaches (160F) (make sure you have foil under your grates for easy cleanup of the melted sugar!)
4. Combine the Soy sauce, 2T sugar, Worcestershire, Butter, and broth in a small foil pan, place the ribs in the liquid and cover tightly with more foil,
5. Place back in the smoker for an additional 2-3 hours or until the internal tem of your meat is (205F)
6. Remove from smoker, but keep covered and in liquid for an additional hour before serving.
I served these with rice tossed in the braising liquid, and roasted leeks!