Guinness Smoked Chicken with Guinness BBQ Sauce
I really LOVE beer can chicken. Its such an easy way to add a ton a flavor to fryer chicken and takes almost zero effort. Not to mention if you use the chicken throne from Traeger, you can put pretty much any liquid in the center, sans beer can! Guinness is officially my favorite thing to use currently, then add the BBQ sauce, and it is AMAZING.
1 Fryer Chicken
1/3C Traeger Chicken Rub
11oz Bottle Guinness
1/2C Traeger Texas Heat BBQ sauce
1/2C Apple cider Vinegar
3/4C Brown sugar
1. Set smoker to Smoke with the lid open 5 minutes. close lid and preheat to (350F)
2. Pat chicken down with a paper towel and cover the chicken with the EVOO and Rub. INSIDE and out! don't be shy about it, If you need more rub, use MORE
3. Pour half of the Guinness into the chicken throne and place the chicken on top. Neck side up.
4. Place the chicken throne in the grill and smoke for about 1.5 hours, or until the internal temp reaches (165F) ( this will depend on how big your chicken is)
5. While the chicken smokes, Combine the other half of the Guinness, Texas heat sauce, vinegar, and brown sugar in a small saucepan. bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for about 30 minutes.
*THIS SAUCE IS AMAZING you may want to double the recipe*
6. Cover the chicken in the sauce and serve.....with more sauce. YES PLEASE. Youre welcome world.