Pulled pork and Mac N Cheese Smoked Pie
I had a friend who posted a picture of a pork and mac n cheese pie, and at that moment I knew I had to try to make one on the smoker! Really though, with ingredients like that, how could I go wrong?
*preheat smoker to (375F)*
1.Place one 9 in pie crust into the pie tin
2. Add (slightly cooled) MAC N Cheese to the crust and fill to the brim, but not overflowing.
3. Top with the pulled pork ( it ok if this is heaping, it should be an inch or two above the brim of the pie plate
4. Cover with the other crust ad pinch the edges to secure.
5. Cut 4 slits into the top crust to vent.
6. Beat 1 egg and use a bruh to "wash" the top of the pie, and sprinkle with flake salt.
7.Place pie directly into the center rack of preheated Smoker, and cook for 45 mins or until golden brown. Serve immediately, or heated thoroughly through. (its not as good if its not hot!)
Recipe from A Bountiful Kitchen
4C AP Four
1C Cold water
1.Mix the flour and salt in a large bowl. "Cut' the shortening into the flour mixture with a pastry cutter (or 2 knives) until it resembles dense cornmeal.
2.Add the water 1T at a time until it *just* comes together. YOU MAY NOT USE ALL OF THE WATER
3. Split the dough in half and roll until its 1/4in thick. This recipe will be enough for a top and bottom layer in a 9in pan. with a little leftover so you can cut shapes for the top!
For Mac N Cheese
* this recipe makes A LOT. Cut in half if you don't want leftovers)*
4C Dry Macaroni
1/4C AP flour
2.5C Whole Milk
2t Grainy Mustard
1Lb Sharp cheddar cheese, grated
1. Cook Macaroni until about 1/2 way done. It should still be hard. Drain, and set aside.
2. In a large pot, combine butter and flour on medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly
3. add milk and mustard and stir until well combined and SUPER thick. Reduce heat to low.
4. SLOWLY add 1/4C cream sauce to the beaten egg in a small bowl, whisking constantly. (don't cook the egg!)
5. Pour egg mix into sauce and stir until smooth
6. Add cheese and stir until completely melted.
7. Add S&P to taste
8. Pour the noodles into the cheese sauce and keep covered in pot until ready to add to pie. It will be very thick. Refrigerate leftover mac n cheese.
For Pulled pork
2C Leftover smoked pulled pork ( try my recipe for the BEST smoked Pulled pork!)
1/2C Traeger Sugarlips BBQ sauce