The BEST smoked Pork
The first time I tried this recipe I knew it would be a had one to beat! Its AMAZING. Honestly the easiest and best pulled pork you'll ever eat.
5-7Lb Bone in Pork butt, timmed
1C + 3T Apple Cider
1/3C Traeger Pork and Poultry Seasoning
3T Brown sugar, separated
1. Mix 3T cider with 1T sugar, and inject the pork butt evenly across entire cut.
2. Cover the Pork in the EVOO then the Rub. Don't go chincey on the rub! COVER it.
3. Preheat your smoker to (225F).
4. Place the pork directly on the grate, and smoke 4-5 hours until internal temp hits (160F)
* If you have one of the newer Traeger models with the "super Smoke" option, USE IT. it amazing.)
5. Remove mat from the smoker and turn the het up to (275F)
6. Place the meat in a foil pan with the 1C Apple Cider, and sprinkle the Pork with the remaining brown sugar. Cover VERY tight with 2 layers of foil, and place back into the Preheated smoker.
7. Smoke an additional 5-6 hours or until the internal temp hits (203F). Remove from smoker and let rest in the foil pan for a minimum of 20 min. Pull apart with hands or forks ( hands are more impressive) and serve. Easy Peasy.