Smoked White Wine and Leek Gravy
A Turkey is really only as good as its gravy right? Trust me, this gravy is not only AMAZING, but it'll up your Turkey (or even chicken) game while it smokes. Using Super aromatic veggies and white wine during the smoking process adds an entirely new level of flavor. Hands down my favorite Gravy ever.
1 Turkey (my smoked honey turkey recipe!)
1 Turkey neck, gibbets, trimmings etc
3 Leeks, rough chopped
3 Large Carrots, rough chopped
4 Sticks Celery, chopped
1 Onion, quartered (Skin ON)
2 Cloves Garlic, chopped
2t better than Bullion
1 Bottle White Wine
1 Box Chicken Stock
(OPTIONAL If you're feeding a crowd and want/need your gravy to stretch add
2 8oz Boxes Campbells Turkey Gravy)
1. Combine Turkey Trimmings, Leeks, Carrots, Celery, Onion, Garlic, and Peppercorns in large disposable foil pan
2. Smoker should be set to (225F) *If you have the "Super Smoke" Option USE IT. Remove the grates and place the foil pan directly into the smoker. Replace the grates and pour half of the bottle of wine and half of the box of Chicken Stock. Place Turkey DIRECTLY over the foil pan.
3. Smoke the Turkey according to directions given in my Recipe. (About 2 hours at (225F) and an additional 1-2 hours at (275F) after glazing Turkey in honey)
4. Check the drip pan about every hour and add more liquid as needed. You never want the pan to be less than half full.
**You may need more liquid than the recipe calls for if you have a very large bird or smoke for a longer duration
5. When the turkey is done ( internal temp of (160F) remove it from smoker and let rest a minimum of 30 minutes
6. While the Turkey rests, CAREFULY remove the grates and lift the foil pan from the smoker.
7. Place a strainer over a deep pan and pour the gravy in. SMASH all the goods to get every last drip out. If you want to be fancy, you can use cheese cloth too!
8. Whisk the flour and water together and stir into the strained gravy over medium heat.
9. Add the Bullion (and if desired boxed gravy) and stir continuously until thickened.
10. Salt n Pepper to taste if you think it needs it!
11. Serve with the Turkey and be a champion