Eggnog Banana Bread with Brown Butter Eggnog Glaze
I know that not everyone likes Eggnog. IF you happen to be one of those "Eggnog Haters" , you and I would for sure not be friends. Sadly Eggnog is seasonal, so when I can get it, I make any and everything I can with it. This Eggnog banana Bread recipe is definitely a favorite.
Serving Size : 2 Full size loaves
1t Baking Soda
3 Bananas, (super ripe)
1/2C Vegetable Oil
1t Rum extract
1. Combine Flour, Baking Soda, Salt, and Nutmeg i medium size bowl. Set aside.
2. In a mixer, combine Bananas, Eggnog, Oil, Sugar, Egg and Rum Extract.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until well combined.
4. Bake at (350F) for 50 minutes or until golden brown and bounces back when touched. Let cool completely and glaze.
*You can also make this recipe in a bundt pan or mini loaves are great for gift giving!
Brown Butter Eggnog Glaze
1/3C Browm Sugar
1/4t Rum (or vanilla) Extract
2C Powdered Sugar
1. Heat the Butter in a medium sized pan until browned. ( it should be a slight amber color and smell nutty)
2. Add the brown sugar and stir continuously for 1 minute. Remove from heat and let cool about 1-2 minutes.
3. Add the Eggnog and rum extract while whisking vigorously. ( it will probably bubble a lot so STIR)
4. Finally add the powdered sugar and whisk until completely smooth. Immediately pour over the banana bread. let cool completely before cutting/serving
* If you want the glaze a little thinner, add more eggnog, if you want it thicker, add more powdered sugar. You really cant go wrong with this glaze!