You can Use this recipe with regular cupcake pans, but a miniature bundt cake pan really takes muffins and cupcakes to the next level. 100% Recommend. I got mine at Williams-Sanoma, but I'm sure you can get them at Target or even Amazon. I'm a sucker for this flavor combination, and I promise, even if your not a nut-lover, youll LOVE these cakes!
1/2C Salted Butter
1/2C Granulated Sugar
1/2C Honey (or Vanilla) Greek Yogurt
1T Almond Extract
1 1/2C Flour
1t Baking Powder
1T Poppy Seeds
1 1/5 C Powdered Sugar
2T Fresh Orange juice
1t Orange Zest
*optional Slivered almonds for Garnish
1. Beat butter and Granulated sugar in an electric mixer until light and fluffy
2. Combine the Milk, Yogurt, Egg, And Almond extract and slowly add the mixture to the butter and sugar while the mixer is set to low.
3. In a separate bowl combine Flour, Baking Powder. ( Sift the flour to avoid lumps, but the muffins will still work unsifted)
4. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients with a wooden Spoon until *just* combined, then fold in the poppy seeds. (*Its important that you don't stir the batter too much*)
5. Grease Mini Bundt Pan (or fill muffin tin with liners) and fill 2/3 of the way with batter. Bake at (375F) for about 15-18 minutes or until the cake tops "bounce back" when pressed.
**Its better to have the bundt pans less full than overfull- you want the mini cakes to sit flat**
6. Move Cakes to a cooling rack (put parchment paper down underneath the rack) and let cakes cool completely before making glaze.
7. After the cakes are completely cool, combine powdered sugar, orange juice, and zest ( if you like a thinner glaze add more juice, and for a thicker glaze add more powdered sugar) Use a Spoon to drizzle the glaze along the top of the cakes, making sure to let some drip down the sides. Garnish with slivered almonds if desired.
* The glaze sets up pretty quickly so don't make it too soon*