Ill be honest, this was my first ever Beef Jerky recipe. I had never once tried making Jerky before, but when Harmons had a sale on thin sliced beef I couldn't not buy it. (obviously)
Can I also just say that I deserve a gold medal in the Jerky Olympics, cause this recipe is freaking great.
Bottom round sliced THIN ( about 10-12 slices)
12oz Ginger beer ( I used Bundaberg)
1/4C Teriyaki Sauce
1T Hot Honey ( I used Bee Local)
1.5C Brown Sugar
1T Brown Sugar BBQ Rub (I used Kinder)
1/4C Fresh Orange Juice
1. In a medium saucepan, combine the Ginger Beer, Teriyaki, Honey, Brown Sugar, BBQ Rub, and Orange juice. Whisk on medium heat until reduced by HALF. ( you don't need to stir the entire time, but keep an eye on it cause it'll boil over!)
2. Remove from heat and let cool completely. (I just put it into a glass dish and threw it in the freezer for a few minutes. I'm a cheater, so what)
3. After the marinade is fully cooled, cover the meat completely and refrigerate at least 6 hours
4. When you're ready to start cooking, set your smoker to (180F) with super smoke. ( I've said it before and ill say it again, USE SUPER SMOKE WHENEVER YOU CAN)
5. Shake any excess marinade off of the slices and place directly on the grates. Smoke for about 3 hours, flipping halfway through. They'll look dark and shiny, but not wet or juicy.
If you're not going to eat them right away, make sure to throw them in a plastic bag to keep them fresh!