Cupcakes are always a good idea. If savory is more your style, these meatloaf "cupcakes" are perfect! Sweetened with apple and brown sugar, but perfectly savory with onion and Worcestershire.
1.5 Lb LEAN Ground Beef
1 Onion, chopped
1C crushed Cheez-its
3/4 Apple Shredded
1 Garlic Clove, minced
S&P to taste
3 C Prepared Mashed potatoes (Whipped with NO lumps)
1/2 C Apple Chipotle BBQ Sauce
Sliced Apple for garnish
1. In a large bowl, combine the first 9 ingredients until well mixed.
2. Grease a cupcake pan and fill each cup with the meat mixture. Fill to the tops.
3. Set smoker to (350F) ( I used Maple Pellets) *You can also make these in your oven*
4. Cook for about 25 min or until cooked through. remove from pan and place on serving tray.
5. Place the warm Mashed Potatoes into a piping bag and pipe into the top of the meat cakes.
6. Drizzle with the BBQ sauce and garnish with apple slices.
* I put mine on the grill for a second to give them grill lines*
These make a great appetizer, and a really fun entree!