Whiskey Grilled stuffed Mushrooms
2Lbs Ground Turkey
4-6 Large Portobello mushrooms, (remove and dice stems)
3 Leeks, washed and cut into thin rounds
2 Cloves Garlic, minced
2 Carrots, diced
3 Stalk Celery, diced
1/4C Chicken stock
3T EVOO, seperated
1t Whiskey Salt from Jacobsen salt Co.
4-6 Slices Gouda (or any mild light cheese)
S&P to taste
1. Preheat Smoker to (350F)
2. Heat a small pan over medium heat and add 1T evoo. Add the turkey, S&P and cook through. Drain and set aside.
3.In a large pot, melt the 2T butter over medium heat and add the carrots and celery. Saute for about 5 minutes, then add the last 1-2T of butter, the garlic, diced shroom stems, chicken stock, and the Leeks. Turn heat to low and cover for an additional 5 minutes.
4.Remove lid and add the Whiskey and Turkey. Turn the heat back to medium and allow most of the liquid to reduce, and leeks to caramelize. (about 10 minutes), stirring occasionally.
5. The mix sure be very fragrant, thick, and caramel in color. Season with S&P to taste, set aside.
6. When smoker is hot, brush each mushroom with evoo and dust with whiskey salt. Place directly on the grill, flat side down, and cook about 15-20 minutes until the mushrooms are soft, but firm enough to retain their shape.
7. Flip mushrooms, and place on a sheet pan (this makes handling them easier but you don't have to) Fill each one with a heaping portion of the turkey mixture, and a single slice of cheese.
8. Return the mushrooms to the grill and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the mushrooms are soft enough to cut through. Enjoy