1/2 C onion, chopped
2 Garlic cloves, minced
1.5 Lbs Ground beef
24 oz bottle Terlato Vodka Sauce
1 t Sugar
(you could definitely use a from scratch vodka sauce recipe, but this brand is SO good if you just doctor it up a little :)
9 Lasagna Noodles, cooked per the directions and tossed in evoo below.
2 C ricotta cheese
2 C Mozzarella cheese
5 leaves Basil, sliced THIN
1 t Fresh cracked Pepper
1/2 t Salt
* Preheat smoker to (350F)
1. Brown the meat in a large saute pan. Remove the meat from the pan and drain. Add the onions to the same pan and cook over medium high heat until transparent and fragrant. Add the Garlic and saute and additional 2-3 minutes.
2. Combine the vodka sauce, sugar, and meat back into the saute pan and stir over medium heat until heated through. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl combine the ricotta, half of the Mozzarella, basil, and S&P.
4. In a 9x13 Pan ladle a small amount of vodka sauce around the base. Place 3 Lasagna noodles on the bottom and cover with 1/2 of the ricotta mix, then 1/3 of the meat mix. Repeat steps until you've topped the pan with the final 3 noodles. Cover the noodles in the final 3rd of Vodka sauce and sprinkle with the remaining Mozzarella.
5. Cover the pan loosely in foil place in the center of the grill. Cook covered for 45 minutes, removed foil and cook for an additional 15 minutes until the top is bubbling and browned sightly.
* THIS RECIPE FREEZES AND REHEATS GREAT!